Strategically located in the heart of the South Pacific, Fiji offers a cost-competitive location for investors intending to set up offshore operations for the manufacture of advanced technological products for regional and international markets.
There are numerous investment opportunities in the traditional economic sectors as well as in rapidly emerging sectors like ICT and integrated resort development. Fiji has a proven track record in attracting investors from all over the world, many of whom have re-invested in multiple projects in Fiji.
Being a market-oriented economy and supported by pro-business Government policies, Fiji offers investors a dynamic and vibrant business environment through the efficient regulatory environment, a highly skilled and multi-lingual workforce and a culture of innovation. Fiji boasts of an unspoiled environment of pristine beauty and is a nature lover’s delight. Located at the crossroads of the Pacific, Fiji is the exotic melting pot of cultures of indigenous Fijian, Indian, Chinese, South Sea Islanders and European settlers.
Over the years, Fiji has secured its place as a truly advantageous, safe and business-friendly location of unparalleled quality for ALL investors. The country is poised for further growth as it is the major business hub in the Pacific Region.
Reasons to Invest in Fiji
1. Truly a regional and global hub. Fiji is the center of trading in the South Pacific for the South Pacific-Asia region. Fiji is not only the center of trade, but also the hub for global communications and transportation (shipping and air travel) routes for the Pacific.
2. It is also developing as a center for doing business in the two developed countries of the region, Australia and New Zealand.
3. Offers a package of trade and investment including duty concessions, investment allowance, tax exemption and tax free regions.
4. Is supported by a government which welcomes and supports local and foreign investment, within the objective of growing the various sectors of Fiji’s economy by providing tax and other incentives to boost investments.
5. State of the art telecommunication infrastructure that provides links through fibre optic cable connections to the rest of the world.
6. A well-developed infrastructure, including electricity, water supply and internal communications.
7. Availability of factory land and buildings at reasonable rates.
8. Good health and medical facilities including a modern private hospital and medical centers.
9. Fast registration of foreign investment projects.
KEY INVESTMENT SECTORS
Fishing & Forestry
Mineral & Groundwater
And many more!
For detailed information, on investment opportunities, incentives, business registration and licenses, work permits, taxation, foreign exchange control, cost structure, etc, please visit the Investment Fiji website: www.investmentfiji.org.fj